Today I got to thinking about the day Gabe was born. He was born so early. He was born exactly on the day to viability. Meaning that the doctors would use medical method's to help him breathe etc.. The very same day our little man was born a sweet baby boy was born early as well but only by 8 weeks. At the time we didn't really KNOW each other, we knew of each others mutual families but not directly. Over time we heard of each other amazed by one another's stories. At church a lovely lady offered to throw a baby shower for Jessica and myself. It was there that I first really interacted with this sweet boys mother. The boys were about 6 months old at the time and she announced that she was expecting another sweet baby, we were all so very thrilled for her and prayed for the best. She ended up having to be in the hospital off and on for most of her pregnancy with her sweet baby girl, so thats when our church ward shared the responsibility of helping to care for the sweet boy each day while his Dad had school and worked.
When Gabe was 9 months, I signed up to give some service to this family and I figured if anything it would be a fun day to have Gabe to play with another boy of the EXACT same age-given an extra couple hours or so. I loved watching them play together, although this SBB-sweet baby boy- was twice the size as Gabe was, maybe even three times the size, they played so well together. We had a few more times to watch this SBB over the next few months and loved each time. His sweet baby sister ended up passing away, to a very much better place. She was too perfect for this world. After that his mom started getting better and they didn't really need us to help out anymore. But don't you worry the fun does not stop there.
Over the next summer they watched Gabe for us a couple times, and they started really bonding. Then we had our big mov0e- or we like to say vacation where I decided it was best to take along everything we own-- and we were so sad to know that these two special boys born on the same day whom had started to become really good buddies would not be anywhere close to each other. But obviously our trip ended so they had the chance to see each other more and more. IF you maybe have not caught on I am indeed referring to Teancum as this SBB. Recently I have been taking care of the big T-man on Thursdays while his mom Ashley. Do you think its a little amazing how both our boys were born on the SAME day and we have the SAME name and our husbands grew up kinda in the SAME ward? I do-sometimes. But if I told you my secret of them-will you keep my secret?- I think that these two boys were sitting up there with Heavenly Father planning out the day they'd be born. I don't think they wanted to be without the other and so they fought over who got to come here first =)
Each day I think about this family. They are have such strong testimonies and such high morals and values. Their family has been put through a lot in these last few years but they hold strong to their testimonies and the gospel that I am so thankful to have them as such great examples in our lives. These two little boys are the bestest of friends. Each day Gabe is always asking to play with Teancum. They play so well together. We call them scripture buddies. Gabriel's name is from The Bible, and Teancum's name is from The Book of Mormon. These books go hand in hand and it is no exception to these two books. I am thankful for their friendship at such a young age. Gary seems to think they will go on the same mission some day, that would be very neat. I am thankful Heavenly Father has blessed us with some really great friends in the gospel. We hold them close to our hearts. Here is some picture's today of the boys swimming in Gabe's pool:
And yes I did indeed let them go in the pool with their diapers-but learned FAST that it was not a brilliant idea-So we quickly changed them into some swimming diapers :)





1 comment:
This is a great post. I agree their family is amazing in how strong they are. The boys are too cute, they are both getting very big too.
Post a Comment