8.27.2010

Gabe goes camping!

Oh my I am behind on blogging! We haven't taken many trips but we have just been busy around town. I try and take Gabe out to the parks as much as I can. He enjoys it and I get some girl time in with my friends. Its a win win if I do say so myself. I haven't blogged all too much because our screen on our laptop is broken. To use it I have to hold it just right and if I move it freaks out. I would blog elsewhere but don't want to overload my pictures on family computers.

We went camping a couple weekends back. It was Gabe's first time! Sadly Gary couldn't make it. We are hoping we can possibly go in the next month. We went to a place called Lake Ellen. It is right by Lake Roosevelt. Took us about almost 4 hours to get there, but it was sure worth the drive. We got there later in the day on Friday so we just hung out around camp. We ate some dinner, and before we knew it we were roasting us our marshmallows. Gabe just ate them out of the bag as I needed to get mine just perfect. My idea of the perfect one is just golden brown-NO BURNT SPOTS- and soft and melted throughout. I am NOT a smore or marshmallow person but I ended up eating TWO both nights!

The next day we woke up- Me at 5:30 in the morning! AHHH Our bed deflated, but I was a happy mom because Gabe got a good nights sleep and was a happy fella the whole day. Once everyone was up we went to the lake to get our fishing on. My Gabe was so excited! They had to burn out the lake and refill it so all the fish were TINY, we had to throw them all back. But Gabe caught a few with some help from me, grandma Karen, and papa Don. I just can't believe how big he is getting.

We started all to get hot so we decided to go to Lake Roosevelt and swim. It was pretty cold to get in but once we were it was great! Gabe had a blast playing in the river with his cousin, Makenna. Then Makenna, me, and a couple of my parents friends all swam way out to the logs that made up the swimming area on the lake. I didn't realize how far out it was! I took some time resting out there and floated on my back going back to the shore.

Gabe sure did get dirty! I wasn't worried about it though, surprisingly! I always thought I would be that mom who had the cleanest child! That went out the window as soon as Gabe was cleared with all his medical stuff! Who cares if he has a little dirt on his feet! :)

We drove back to town to get some ice and polish dogs, It was good because Gabe was able to get a nap it that he wouldn't have taken without the drive. Dinner was good and then time for more marshmallows. We stayed up talking about things in my life and everyone suggested some good things. The next morning we got up, got things taken down, and headed out. We took a different way back then the way I drove up. It was a bit faster but I was a little nervous, we had to take a FERRY! Oh my.. I was going crazy but I managed and Gabe really enjoyed it. The drive back was beautiful, well all of it really. I almost didn't make the trip due to some emergency issues with our family. I am so glad I just let go, it was a nice get away and I was able to bond with my little man one on one!

Sorry there are no pictures yet! I will go back in once I get them uploaded so check back!

No comments: