3.13.2009

Its been a long two weeks..




These last two weeks really have flew by, but at the same time have been a VERY slow two weeks for us. It all started off with my Aunt Trina and Uncle Lyle moving here from Alabama. They were up here to find a house to live in and to visit. So since she was going to be busy in Portland all week, Gabe and I decided to drive to meet them in Boardman, OR for lunch. The trip was great, we really enjoyed spending time with them. On our way home I got a message from them saying their car broke down and needed rescued. I quickly threw some things in a bag for me and the mr and we drove to their rescue. We came home the next day only to start packing Gabe up for a trip with Gary's parents to visit his great grandma. Early on Thursday Morning when I was helping Liz pack the last things we got a phone call from Gary's uncle saying they had taken his grandma to the hospital for some chest pain, she had been there just in November so this raised a lot of red flags throughout the family. Greg, Liz, and Gabe made is there safe just the next morning. Grandma was not doing well at all and they were not sure how long she would make it, all the cousins figured out ways to get there. Gary and I drove Saturday half way and the rest early on Sunday. When we got there she was doing better than anyone expected. She was cracking jokes and everything. The next morning she was so-so, still cracking jokes. Then on Tuesday she was not doing well at all. We came home on Wednesday, and I spoke to Greg about 6:00 tonight. He said she is still not doing well, it is a roller-coaster. We are praying for her not to be in any pain. She is such a special lady, she loves without an end. I have learned so much from the short time I have known her. She is so gentle with Gabe, and now Bailey as well. She would smile ear to ear when she saw Gabe saying how much he loves her and blew her kisses. Here are a few pictures from the first time she met our little mr.



She is such a sweet spirt, the other lady in this picture with them is her sister Shirley. She is such a kick. They LOVE scratch tickets, so we picked some up on our trip down there to give to Grandma, well Miss Shirley took advantage of them and scratched away! Too bad they didn't win! Bummer. 

No comments: