11.25.2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
I try and express gratitude to all my loved ones all the time and usually do a good job. I have some great family who loves me for all I am, and friends who have my back no matter what.
This year I am thankful for the changes in life. Some days everything seems routine, because that's what we make of life. We like structure and find comfort in that. But most the time we look up and ponder on our lives and who we are. Today is one of those days for me. I always think of the person I have been, the person I am today, and the person I want to be tomorrow. I always try to be better. I always lend a helping hand when someone needs it. And I am thankful I can say that. I truly enjoy helping people out.
Thanksgivings with my family so far-
06:::The next Thanksgiving I spent with Gary was when we were engaged, we went to Leavenworth to his Aunts home, and were able to take our engagement pictures.. I was also 5 months pregnant.
07:::Our next Thanksgiving was spend in the Tri Cities with our families, and our little boy Gabe.
08:::We ate at my parents house with a load of family.. Gary cooked the turkey!
09:::This year was spend at my brothers home with his soon to be wife.. Again Gary cooked(read more below......)
2010:::FAMILY OF FOUR... :)
Last year I sat on my couch, exactly where it is today. I cuddled with Gabe, and I watched my husband cook. I was in love with him. Madly. Our family life and our personal relationship had been on pins and needles the past year or so and it was finally on the up and up.. I watched him cut, and chop, and this and that. But deep down I knew something was wrong. I couldn't figure out what it was. I went up and asked him what was the matter but he shrugged me off and said he is just busy. Little did I know his mind was stuck in time. He had just went and met his newest son, Kaden, a few nights prior.
Here we are just one year later, a family of four. A dad, a mom, a big brother, and a very sweet baby brother. Kaden has blessed my life in more ways then even imaginable. Last thanksgiving I dreamed of getting pregnant and being able to tell our family ringing in the new year. I hoped for a new baby that could bond our family together even more. I got my wish... just without the pregnancy and delivery part :) I am thankful for the ability to forgive. I am thankful for the ablitly to rebuild. I am thankful for love. I am thankful for marriage. I am thankful for a husband who loves me on my worst days, and on my best :) I am thankful I am blessed to have the honor of being the mother to two amazing little boys who enrich my live beyond belief. I am thankful for life :) Our family still struggles, and I am sure we always will. I am thankful for all the changes within my live. Its nothing of what I imagined as I was growing up. Its much more.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Enjoy your family, your friends, and the comfort of a full belly!
Love,
The Millwards
.::Gary:Ashley:Gabriel:Kaden::.

1 comment:

donna said...

I am thankful that you are my friend...