I have gotten behind in blogging. It drives me crazy when I do because I feel I have missed out on all that time of publishing our family times so those memories slowly slip away. I am going to try and require myself to at least blog once a week.. hopefully I can manage at least this! So bear with me as I play a little catch up...
I got the opportunity to go to Time out for Women this year with my mother in law. It is basically a spirtual womans retreat. There were some amazing speakers. I have about a half a notebook filled with notes that I need to type up and put on here but we will just have to save that for another month :)
In the meantime we have been going to the park a lot.. We have been trying to focus a lot of our time on making family memories. Gabe is at a great age right now. Most the time he is up for anything. He loves helping out and is bonding more than I could've ever imagined with his brother. I love watching the two of them together, they are always laughing at each other and it just melts my heart.
I didn't plan it, but both the boys were wearing crabby shirts, then there is Gabe helping give Kaden his morning bottle.. Notice that sweet bed head?
Next up is mothers day. Gary had to work so we had a more low key day. I woke up to come beautiful flowers, some potted Lillie's and a hanging pot. Sadly the Lillie's didn't last long, not sure I have a 'green thumb'. The boys were both pretty easy, thankfully. We got ready and headed to church. Then after took naps and my mom came over to visit me for a little bit. And then once Gary was off we headed to his parents for steaks. I got some stuff that Gabe picked out to make him a hockey picture frame, and a brothers frame. I am pretty excited about that. I love that Gabe is into doing arts and crafts with me. This was my first mothers day as a mom of two. I didn't become a mother of two the most traditional way, but I couldn't imagine my life without either of these boys. They are so special in their own ways. They came into this world in heavy circumstances but oh boy their little spirits are so strong. I also couldn't be the mother I am without my husband. Its been a tough time for our family but he sure has been making me feel special not just on this day but everyday.
Me and My Boys:
And my pretty flowers:
I have been taking Gabe to play at the gymnastics place here in town on mondays. He loves it! He is always taking about it, and I love it because it wears him out so he takes a good nap so I use that time to squeeze in some cleaning!
Gabe and Karis at the Gym and the children's museum.
This is going to sum it up so far tonight.. its getting late and I have been sick! Look back soon for more...
4 comments:
It looks like you had a great mother's day and have been having lots of fun. Can't wait to see more.
I want more info about this gymnastics thing on mondays? is it just an open gym for kiddos? do you pay? is it the one right by our house?
your boys are so so cute! and bridger has that same crabby onsie!
cracking up at gabe's hair. that is some serious bed-head. :)
i need to add you to my sidebar. Some how i lost you.... GREAT pictures. ; )
Post a Comment