4.23.2010

Easter 2010

I love Easter. I am always ready to pull out my Easter decorations out the day after Valentines Day and keep them until until Christmas! Okaysonotreallythatlong.. Anyway Easter is big for us. Its a holiday where no one gets really greedy. We really try and focus on our Savior, the true meaning on Easter. I love the age Gabe is at right now because he is so into things like this. Easter egg hunts, Easter baskets, Easter games focused on our savior.

This Easter was also our first holiday as a family of four. It was actually just perfect. I love waking up to a house full of boys- and I never thought I would ever say that. But these boys are the one who bring such pure happiness into my life.

Earlier in the week we went to Gary's parents house to color Easter eggs with them and our friends the Burnham's. We had a good time and followed it by playing some quality rock band.

(Here is Gabe at the Pasco Jaycees Easter Egg hunt)

Then the Saturday before Easter Gabe had asked that mommy, daddy, and baby Kaden come to watch the hockey game with him. The timing worked out perfect so we were all able to go. He sure did enjoy having us there even though he wouldn't share Grandma Liz's lap with his brother.

Gabe woke up first so we let him go ahead and dig into his basket. He was so thrilled with all his stuff. He got some new balls, gator golf, an aqua doodle, a book, and a bunch of random little things. Once Kaden woke up he saw the Easter bunny brought him a book, a couple new toys, and some snacks. The Easter bunny left Gary some Dr. Pepper, and a few random things. And then I received a new parring knife and a reed diffuser.
After this we made some Cinnamon rolls to take to Gary's parents to spend the morning at their house and watch General Conference. The Easter bunny visited their house as well so we all got our baskets and then ate a seriously delicious breakfast. We all relaxed and watch conference. Then after everyone but me and Greg took naps we got the troops up and headed over to my brother Michael's house for an Easter dinner with a bunch of family. The boys both got spoiled all around from family. Gabe enjoyed a 'big' easter egg hunt in Uncle Michael's yard. We had a great time this Easter and can't wait for the next one :)


No comments: