7.04.2009

A National Holiday

This has been a pretty neat week. We had lots of family come into town on Wednesday to do the temple work for Gary's Grandparents. I was not able to meet his Grandma but I was able to build a relationship with Grandpa Mark. He was such a neat person. I loved hearing the different stories he would tell and watch the same things he'd do over and over. Gabriel and him had a unique bond. Whenever Grandpa (Grr. Papa-as he would call him) they would both light up. I was hesitant at his funeral to show Gabe his Grr. Papa for the sake that he would probably just want to climb on his lap to play-but he just looked at his very still physical body in wonder. I have a feeling Grandpa Mark was right there whispering to him how special he was and that he had a great life planned ahead of him. 

Sitting in the sealing room with most of his more immediate relatives was such a spiritual experience. As we were able to be apart of such a special thing, I thought back to six short months ago when we were able to become an eternal family. I am so blessed with my husband and child and am thankful I have been blessed with the gospel in my life. It has brought such a joy to my life and family. Being a convert to the church I am asked to bear my testimony here and there more often than regular members. I am thankful for this so I can be able to keep my testimony strong. 

The 4th of July is a great day. Its a celebration of all of our lives in a way. We are able to do many things that we do today because of the history in our country. I am so thankful for all the people who serve our country today as well as yesterday. The 4th of July also happens to be my Mother-in-Laws Birthday. We made a joke how I act like sometimes my birthday is a national  holiday-but yet hers really is and she can brag about that! Lucky!!!! ;-) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

For her birthday we rounded up the Gabe and Bailey to get some pictures taken to frame for her. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! I highly recommend Brittney Kluse for any photography you may need. She made the shoot so fun and was very flexible with what the kids were doing. 

Here are a few of my favorites:





 
  

2 comments:

Natalie said...

These pictures turned out SOOOO adorable!!! My favorite is the last family photo!

Allen Family said...

The pictures looks great. Such a cute family.